Unicorn Swirl Biscuits Recipe
Whether you’re planning a unicorn party or simply want to cook something with your little one, you’re sure to love these unicorn swirl biscuits. quick and easy to make, the pretty pink swirls in these biscuits are sure to be a winner for any unicorn lover!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups sifted flour
- pink food colouring
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 lemon, juice only
- your choice of coloured sprinkles
- Cream butter and sugar together, then beat in the egg
- Add vanilla and salt and beat to combine
- Fold in flour
- Chill dough for 2-3 hours in the fridge
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C
- Remove dough from fridge and separate into 2 equal portions.
- Knead some pink food colouring into one of them and keep the other plain. Wrap both types of dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 20-30 mins.
- Roll the plain dough out onto a lightly floured surface until it’s about 25cm long and 20cm wide. Do the same with the pink dough and lay one on top of the other. Lightly roll over the surface once or twice with your rolling pin to press them together.
- Trim off all the edges so they’re straight, then carefully roll them up from one of the short edges to make a tight spiral. Wrap tightly in cling film and chill for 1hr or overnight.
- Unwrap the dough, trim the end and cut the rest into 5mm slices and lay them on your prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until ever so slightly golden at the edges. Allow them to cool on the tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough lemon juice to make it the consistency of smooth peanut butter and pour the sprinkles into a shallow bowl or plate. Dip the outside edges of the biscuits into the icing (or spread it onto the edges using the back of a teaspoon) and then into the sprinkles, turning to coat. Leave to set before serving.
Share Pics of Your Unicorn Swirl Biscuits
Did you love our unicorn swirl biscuits? Share a pic online and tag @amitielane
For more unicorn recipes, you might also like Unicorn Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies