Rainbow Unicorn Cookies Recipe
These adorable rainbow unicorn cookies are sure to be a winner for any unicorn lover or if you are planning a unicorn-themed party. They’re super simple to make and taste delicious!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups sifted flour
- Red, yellow, green, blue and violet food colouring
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Fold in flour.
- Chill dough for 2-3 hours before rolling.
- Remove from fridge and divide dough into six. Add a few drops of food colouring to each piece of dough and a mix yellow and smidgen of red for the orange colour. Work each colour into each separate piece of dough.
- Roll each piece of dough into a long thin sausage about 30cm long on a piece of baking parchment. Pop in freezer for ten minutes.
- Keep the violet as a sausage, then roll the blue into a long rectangle, just big enough to wrap around the violet sausage. Then, roll out the green, and wrap around. Repeat with the yellow, orange and red. Freeze again for several hours.
- Cut the dough into 2cm slices and leave to soften for 20mins.
- Roll each disc on the rolling mat until large enough that you can stamp out unicorn biscuits. Peel away any trimmings and leave the unicorn biscuits on the paper.
- Bake biscuits for 5-10 mins until just firm.
Share Pics of Your Rainbow Unicorn Cookies
Did you love our rainbow unicorn cookies? Share a pic online and tag @amitielane
For more unicorn recipes, you might also like Lemon and Ginger Unicorn Cookies.