How To Create Your Own Unicorn Wall Art – Craft Activity
Step 1: Decorate the Unicorn Horn
TIP: Before you start, get a spare piece of paper from home and fold it in half, then open flat again. Place the paper UNDER your artwork. You will use this to capture any loose glitter once you have finished each colour.
- Dip your paintbrush into the glue to lightly cover the brush.
- Carefully paint the purple sections of the horn with the glue, making sure you don’t go outside the borderline.
- Gently tap the purple glitter over the sections where there is glue. Leave for 1 minute.
- Carefully lift the artwork and slide any loose glitter onto the paper you prepared. Because you folded the paper, it makes it really easy to replace the glitter in the glitter container.
- Repeat the above process for the other two colours.
NOTE: If you want to be sure the glitter colours don’t mix, WAIT about 10-15 minutes between each colour application.
Set aside and leave the glue to dry for at least 15 minutes before moving on to Step 2
Step 2: Create the Unicorn Crown
- Start by arranging the flowers as you would like them.
- We suggest placing the largest flower in the middle, at the base of the horn.
- Once you are happy with the arrangement of the flowers, stick the flowers down, one at a time. Start from the middle and work your way out, ensuring that the flowers touch each other, with no gaps in between.
- Slide the flowers under the petals of the adjoining flowers. The little flowers are good to use as fillers if you have any gaps.
TIP: You don’t need too much glue – just enough to hold the flowers to the paper.
- The glue won’t dry instantly, so you have enough time to readjust if need be.
- Once they are stuck down, you need to wait until the glue is dry completely before trying to put it in the frame.
Step 3: Assemble The Frame
- Place the frame front side down, so that the back is facing up. Remove the back of the frame.
- Sprinkle the scatter crystals inside the frame, around the bottom
- Carefully press the base of the feathers between the groove of the frame and the window. You can put them anywhere you like – we positioned them along the top.
- Take the unicorn picture and place it inside the frame, face side down on the spacer of the box frame.
- Finally, replace the back of the frame and gently press the tabs along the side to secure it in place. You may need an adult to help you with this process.