Easy Unicorn Paper Plate Craft
This unicorn paper plate craft idea is super cute and super easy to make! Anyone who has a little girl in their life will be very familiar with their fascination about unicorns! These mystical creatures fuel girls’ imaginations and so does craft – combine the two and you have a winning recipe!
Unicorn Paper Plate Craft Supplies
- Free Printable Unicorn Template (grab yours at the bottom of this post)
- 1 x large paper plate (1 per unicorn)
- Colorful yarn (3 colors)
- Large wiggly eyes
- PVA/craft glue OR a stapler
- Hole punch
- Colored card – white, gold and pink
- Black marker
- Punch 5 holes along the rim of the plate, spaced evenly apart
- Cut 5 x 3 inch strands of each color of yarn, giving you a total of 15 strands
- Next, select one strand of each color of yarn and thread through one of the hole punches. Tie with a simple knot to secure it. Your unicorn now has a mane!
- Give your unicorn’s mane a trim to tidy up the ends.
- Now it’s time to get your scissors and colored card. Cut:
- Pink card into an oval shape to make your unicorn nose
- Gold card into a unicorn horn shape
- White card into 2 x ear shapes
- Using your glue or a stapler, stick the:
- Horn above the unicorn mane/hair
- Ears on either side of the mane/hair
- Nose centred and towards the bottom of the plate
- Your unicorn face is nearly done! Now it’s time to grab the goggly eyes and stick them above the nose
- Finally, use the black marker to draw some nostrils
Share Your Unicorn Paper Plate Craft & WIN
If you or your child has made one of these gorgeous unicorn paper plates, upload to Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook and tag @amitielane. Each month we will randomly draw a winner to receive one of our products.
Download your unicorn paper plate craft template